Digital Arts 11
Digital Arts 11 introduces students to the development and creative process of visual arts through digital technology. This course will encompass two areas of a very large field called digital arts, a 2D and 3D segment, digital painting and 3D modeling. Emphasis on learning foundational skills, key concepts and digital tools through project based lessons. The course will begin with digital painting, becoming familiar with digital painting tools and learning basic principles of form, value, and color. Through projects, students will learn techniques and processes used in creating digital art. The course will end with an introduction to 3d software and key concepts related to 3d modeling.
Students will receive a 36 month license (Student Version) to Autodesk Maya, a high-end industry standard in 3D software, through the Autodesk Education Community.
Students will need to provide their own digital tablet.
Here is an example of a tablet. Wacom Bamboo Pen
I recommend that you research tablets and compare costs to find one that suits you. A tablet will be essential to Digital Arts. So if have an interest, or are thinking of a career in the digital arts field a tablet will be a great tool as an artist.
Wacom's Bamboo pen is a great example, with 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity, and great responsiveness it also comes at a good price.
- Microsoft Windows Vista (SP2 or higher), Microsoft Windows XP (SP3 or higher), Microsoft Windows 7 operating system, Apple Mac OS X 10.6.2
- Windows: Intel Pentium 4 or higher, AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron processor, AMD Phenom processor
- Mac computer: Intel-based processor
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 4 GB free hard drive space
- Qualified hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics card
- Three-button mouse
If you are unsure if your system meets the requirements please contact Technical Support via email - firstname.lastname@example.org