English 9 will cover a variety of dynamic genres including short stories, poetry, a novel, a play and multi-media presentations. Correlating with Grade 9 Social Studies and Bible outcomes, the central theme will be "Reformation and Revolution".
- Biographies of authors will be studied to help students better understand and interpret the author's work.
- Themes and topics will be studied and measured against the truths in the Bible.
- This course will also include a comprehensive writing component that will be supported by Elluminate virtual classroom lecture and tutorial sessions.
- Students will develop the skills necessary for efficient note-taking and note-making, and for writing good paragraphs, letters and essays.
- Grammar and parts of speech will be reviewed and there will also be a focus on vocabulary development.
Resources: Please note: No resources will be shipped for this revised course.
- Students will personally select a grade-appropriate novel they would like to study this year and will submit their choice to the course teacher for approval.
- All other resources will be provided electronically within the course.