Science 9 is divided into six broad topics:
- Applications of Science - where we study scientific inquiry - how it is accomplished in light of the 12 skills of investigation.
- Life Science I - where we study the make-up, organization and function of body systems.
- Life Science II - where we study the effects of external agents and lifestyles on health.
- Physical Science I - where we study periodicity, naming of compounds and generation of formulae, physical/chemical change, Law of Conservation of Mass, and factors affecting chemical reactions.
- Physical Science II - where we study thermal energy and the Law of Conservation of Energy, the relationship between force, mass and motion and their relationship to work and power.
- Earth and Space Science - where we study our solar system, stars, and modern cosmology.
|BC Science Probe 9