Studio Arts 11/12
The very first thing we know about God in His Word (Genesis 1) is that He is a creator, the master artist... "and God saw all that He had made and it was good". What a privilege we have as believers to share in and reflect God's creative handiwork in the visual arts. Studio Arts 11/12 provides you with a unique opportunity to respond to and create images as an essential form of communication. These are indispensable to freedom of inquiry and expression. In this course, you’ll begin to take the Elements and Principles of Design, integrate these with your developing imagination to explore and communicate both attitudes and feelings about our world as it relates to your faith. The emphasis at this level is on image-development, technical skill proficiency, design processes, and visual literacy.
View Sample Course!
**** Please note: It is strongly recommended, but not necessarily essential, that senior art students have a minimum of one visual arts course at the high school level (Grade 9 or higher) and/or a comfortable knowledge and application of the Elements and Principles of Design coupled with a strong body of art work in the form of a portfolio.
- New Drawing On The Right Side of The Brain
- A revised and expanded edition of the classic drawing-instruction book that has sold more than 2,500,000 copies.
When Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain was first published in 1979, it hit the New York Times bestseller list within two weeks and stayed there for more than a year. In 1989, when Dr. Betty Edwards revised the book, it went straight to the Times list again. Now Dr. Edwards celebrates the twentieth anniversary of her classic book with a second revised edition.
Over the last decade, Dr. Edwards has refined her material through teaching hundreds of workshops and seminars. Truly The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, this edition includes:
* the very latest developments in brain research;
* new material on using drawing techniques in the corporate world and in education;
* instruction on self-expression through drawing;
* an updated section on using color; and
* detailed information on using the five basic skills of drawing for problem solving.
- New Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain Workbook (Spiral-bound)
- Millions of people have learned to draw using the methods of Dr. Betty Edwards. Now, in an essential companion to her bestselling classic, Edwards offers readers the key to mastering this art form: guided practice in their newfound creative abilities.
Here are forty new exercises that cover each of the five basic skills of drawing. Each practice session includes a brief explanation and instructional drawings, suggestions for materials, sample drawings, and blank pages for the reader's own drawings. Also provided in this spiral-bound workbook is a pullout viewfinder, a crucial tool for effective practice. While The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain focused primarily on portrait drawing with pencil, this workbook gives readers experience in various subject matter-still life, landscape, imaginative drawing-using alternative mediums such as pen and ink, charcoal, and cont? crayon.
Required Text Book:
|Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain