Online Academic ELL courses
There are 5 levels of ELL courses ranging from Beginner to Expert which have been developed using a Moodle platform. These courses have been approved by the Ministry of Education in British Columbia and currently being used globally.
designed around the 3 C’s:
- Cambridge standards for specific exams
- Cultural sensitivity.
Each course Includes:
- approximately 100 hours and composed of 20 lessons covering the 4 language skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- The cultural versions that are available include proverbs, attractions and famous people from that culture to help ELL learners form connections with the course.
- As well, there are Academic version and Self-Study versions.
- The Academic version offers a variety of written assignments, discussion forums, journal entries, that would need to be marked by a certified teacher and give feedback to the student. Your school can give Board Authorized Authority elective credit to students.
- Each course has a practice exam and a final exam which is timed.
Free English Level Test
Not sure which ELL Online Course is right for you? This is a free diagnostic test that consists of 28 questions with a time limit of 30 minutes. The questions range from easy to more challenging and include reading, listening, grammar, and writing.
English Language Proficiency Tests
These tests have been designed specifically for organizations that want their staff to be proficient in English. The tests are based on IELTS language objectives and thus cover the 4 language skills including a written piece and an oral interview that are marked by a certified ELL teacher. Generally, the organization or institution creates the criteria that they want their staff to meet. For example the candidate may have to achieve 75% on both the written and oral part of the test. If a candidate does not pass the ELPT then he or she is given an appropriate online ELL course to work through at no cost. The candidate can then take the ELPT at a later date for a reduced price. The school may use the course before the test to study as well.
Expert ELL Course Level 5
Our latest ELL Level 5 course is an IELTS preparation course. The course developer, who is a master teacher here in Kelowna, designed this course to help students prepare to achieve a band level 6. There are 2 streams for the IELTS course: Academic and General. And of course, each stream has the Self-Study or the Academic version.